Merit Home Inspectors is the premier home inspection company in the Orange County, Ca area. We will provide a professional assessment of the home from the roof to the foundation. Whether you're buying or selling a home, having a professional home inspection from Merit Home Inspectors will give you the peace of mind and assist you in a fair and smooth transaction. Our home inspections typically take about 2 hours long depending on the size of the house and you are welcome to follow along with the inspector. At the completion of the inspection, we will review our findings with you via a laptop slideshow and answer any questions you may have. Then a detailed computer report with color photos will be emailed to you within 24 hours.
By using Merit Home Inspectors, you benefit from experience that delivers an inspection report that meets or exceeds state standards. We also encourage your presence during the inspection. By being present at the inspection our professional inspector can familiarize you with the home and explain things to you as they move through the house. Our inspectors are bound to a strict code of ethics, this ensures quality service while providing important protection for our clients.
Our Inspectors Work Exclusively for the Customer and Follow Nationally Accepted Standards of Practice.
1. Get a Home Inspection From The Owner Of The Company: Nobody works harder for you than the owner of the company. You just don't get that level of service from "employee inspectors!" So be sure to get an inspection from the owner of the company because he has a vested interest in insuring your Total Satisfaction.
2. Education & Training: Being a contractor is very different from being a Professional Home Inspector. Home inspectors are responsible for evaluating all of the systems and components of the home - not just one aspect like the concrete or framing. To be able to provide a competent evaluation of all of these elements takes formal education and training. Did the inspector attend one of the top home inspection schools and did he complete a correspondence course? Comprehensive continuing education and training is a must.
3. The Inspection Report: The top home inspectors today will provide a narrative report. Technology has evolved where you should expect to receive a full-color report with digital photographs of the issues discovered during the course of the inspection. The report should provide specific categories like Major Concerns, Safety Issues and Deferred Cost Items, etc. The report should not contain repair costs. Professional home inspectors inspect -- they don't repair! An inspector that makes repairs should always be avoided due to the conflict of interest inherent in that situation. Ask for a sample inspection report so you'll know what you can expect for your time and money.
4. Ask To See What Other Home Buyers Have Said About The Inspector: Quality Professional Home Inspectors ask their client's to complete comment cards upon completion of the inspection. Professional Inspectors want to know what they are doing right, as well as what might need improvement. If the inspector can't or won't provide client referrals, he might be blind in more ways than one!
5. Certifications: Is the home inspector certified? Does the inspector have formal training? While certifications are certainly important, it's the combination of Experience, Education and Training that make the difference in the competency of your next home inspector. There is simply no substitute for experience and proper training.
Merit Home Inspectors
949-552-1930 Call or Text 8am to 9pm PST 7 Days a Week
Serving Orange County Since 2005
Copyright © 2023 Merit Home Inspectors - All Rights Reserved.